Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Last week at yoga I had an amazing realization that I think is going to help me change my life. See, I realized that I never really TRY anything. I think I'm trying it, but I never really put my all into attempting anything. I think it's always been this way too...that I would rather be mediocre at anything than even attempt to be great at it and fail. I guess I've always figured that the thing I'm going to be great at will just show up at some point so that I won't ever have to work for it. Seems pretty sad.

So this is my new goal: I'm going to work on really putting my back into things. I'm not going to say that I'm trying something unless I'm really trying. I'm going to work my ass off to get better at everything I want to be better at. I'm going to take the time to realize that greatness is not just going to fall into my lap, I have to make it happen.

Last night at yoga I gave it a try. I decided that my goal was to not break a single pose...to not wimp out. And I didn't. I did the entire class without giving in to my weakness once. Admittedly, I still did 5 bridges instead of doing wheels, but that's for a valid reason. See, during the sun salutations I was taking high to low push-up seriously so by the time we got to bridge/wheel, my arms wouldn't have been able to hold me up. But honestly, that doesn't matter. What matters is that I did everything and I did it the absolute best that I could.

And I'm feeling pretty damn proud of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home