Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Dream

Do you ever go through one of those periods where all your dreams are unbelievably vivid and easily remembered? I actually think it has something to do with sleeping less soundly, so that the dreams are existing somewhat closer to the front of your consciousness as opposed to the far recesses, which is where I normally think they are.

Well, I've been going through one of these vivid dream periods. Some of them are super intense.

Last night I dreamed about my baby, only it wasn't this baby, it was the next one. I already had a daughter who was about five-ish and asian. She was beautiful, but definitely had received some genetic information from somewhere other than J and myself. Strange. But it's a dream.

In my dream, I gave birth. I don't actually remember the birth itself, although I know that at least some of it was in the dream. What I do remember was that I had to go back to work the very next day, so J was taking care of the kids. At some point I called him and (aware that going back to work the day after giving birth was wrong, even though I was dreaming) told him to bring the baby to me. He came to visit, with our other daughter carrying the baby in the sling. She taught me how to wear the baby in the sling, told me to be very careful, and went off to play somewhere. J was off doing something, so I had the chance to spend some time with just the baby.

Her name was Emily Rose (which is not something I would ever name my child ... no insult to anyone, I just tend to go for names that are significantly more "out there"). She was a beautiful little girl. She had dark red hair and one brown eye and one blue eye. Even though she was only one day old she could already laugh. Amazing.

Totally random ... I just wanted to write it down somewhere so that I could remember the dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home