Sunday, January 18, 2004

So today I'm starting in on my new dietary plan. My new goal is to not eat anything unless I'm REALLY enthusiastic about it. I feel like I often end up eating things just because they're food, not because I actually want them. And these days the things that I most want are raw fruits and vegetables, so I think that's going to work out really well.

I just went to Whole Paycheck and bought myself a metric assload of fruits and veggies. I've got this salad dressing that A gave me the recipe for and I can't wait to make it. Honestly, trying that salad dressing on New Year's Eve is what has made me think I can actually eat salads every day. It's just so freakin' delicious, and exactly the kind of taste that I want on top of my salads.

And I got a whole bunch of fruits for snacks: tangelos, kiwis, raspberries (my absolute favorite food), etc. This is going to be good.

Also, I've been thinking really seriously about giving up meat completely. Yes, fish too. See, my body craves meat all the time. Generally I satisfy those cravings with fish. But the truth is that eating meat/fish NEVER makes me feel good. I generally get about halfway through whatever portion I've got and start feeling sick. My body thinks it wants meat but when it's presented with it just turns against it completely. So I got some tofu today as well that I'm going to bake to make it extra firm and then fry it up a little with some black bean sauce. I think it'll be a good addition to my salads.

I guess that's about it. I feel like I'm at a turning point here, a place where I can really make a difference with my own body, so now I just have to make myself do it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home