Saturday, May 26, 2007

I moved here a little less than a year ago and haven't made any real friends. I'm looking for people who I can actually hang out with, get along with, who will ease this loneliness I've got going on and make Burlington a place I'm really interested in living.

About me:

I'm 28 with a 6 month-old son. Right now I'm a work-at-home mom, but most of the time I'm just hanging out with the little boy. I'm tattooed, crass, introspective, hard to shock, intelligent, funny, dirty-mouthed, spiritual without being AT ALL religious, a good conversationalist, and I don't fit into any molds that I can think of. I love music and movies and cooking and making crafty things and reading and yoga and being outside and talking about things other than my baby's last bowel movement.

Truth be told, I'm just incredibly lonely right now. I know approximately 4 people in the Burlington area and haven't *really* clicked with any of them. Spending all my time with my six month-old son is fantastic, he's the love of my life, but it's also unbelievably solitary. I'm having a very hard time meeting new people and making friends.

What I'm looking for:

People who are honest, who can admit how hard it is being a mom sometimes, who won't think I'm crazy for sometimes wanting to run away from my son, who don't fit into the conventional idea of a mom, who want to talk to me about politics and art and the search for self, who are constantly striving to be better people and better parents. Basically I'm looking for other people out there who want a new friend.

Please email me and let's go for tea at Dobra or walk around Oakledge Park or meet at the farmer's market and get to know each other. If we don't click, so be it. If we do, so much the better for us both.

2 Comments:

Blogger lukas said...

I want to write more than a "comment" I want to write a comfort....I think I will e-mail instead of writing it all in this little box ....check your e-mail...susan

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across this...I hope that your decision to move back to Boston will bring some peace. Even though I live in the area I always have, the mundane mundane boringness of staying home with your baby gets to you. It is really hard.

I think you and I could be friends if we lived close!

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home