Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I had this crazy thought in regards to this morning, which totally didn't work out, but it's one of my goals so I'm going to tell you guys about it. I decided last night that I wasn't really willing to give up my morning's exercise just because I have to go to school at the crack of fucking dawn. So I set my alarm for 5:45 this morning. 5:45 ... do you hear me? What, have I gone completely insane? Nobody in their right mind should ever wake up at 5:45, let alone do it by their own free will.

The honest truth is that the only reason I feel bad at the end of a school day (other than that whole pesky exhaustion thing) is because I didn't exercise that day. If I'm going to get up and do stuff all day long, I want exercise to be included in it. So I have to figure out how to incorporate that into my school life.

The other thing that I have to work on, which is immediately apparent, is sleep. I have a virtually impossible time going to sleep before midnight, but I keep on trying to get up earlier and earlier. Of course, all this means is that I'm just getting less and less sleep as time goes on ... definitely not what I want and not what's good for me.

It's funny all the ways that school is changing my life ... the little ways that nobody else would notice. Like yesterday I was at CVS and I went over to look at the nail polish section until I realized that I don't have any nails left, so there isn't much point. And like cutting my nails off in the first place. I'm a jewelry shopper and when I do shop for the stuff, it's mostly rings and bracelets that I'm looking for. But now, since we're supposed to remove any jewelry from our hands and arms whenever we're working on anyone, I've had to stop shopping for rings and bracelets. And I've started eating only organic food again, because it just makes me feel SO MUCH BETTER and that's really important right now.

I am so excited about all of this. Can you tell? (giant grin)

4 Comments:

Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Yeah, I can tell! I need some of that to rub off on me... Hey Margaret, I'm sure I'm screwing up some kind of protocol here, but I have to know... did you read my blog and leave a couple of comments? Because you're the only Margaret "I know", and no email address was left. Also, I couldn't find a way to email you from here either. So I'm left with leaving an (assuredly) inappropriate comment on your blog. If it's not you, my apologies. If it is you, I'm dying to know! - Mia

2:31 AM  
Blogger margaret said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:35 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

Yeah, ok, so I'm a complete dumbass. I totally responded to you and then immediately erased my response. Seriously, who brought the cool kid?

It was me who commented on your blog! I love your attitude on life and everything you have to say. You're such an engaging writer that your blog is a total "page" turner!

And screw the protocols. Honestly, I couldn't care less. It's just nice to have someone new in my online community. :)

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mia Goddess said...

That's awesome! Sorry about all this nonsense in your comments section, but I have to tell you two things: You are REALLY homesick if bridge traffic makes you weepy. (My DH would have a stroke if I publicly announced my city, but from my house you can see Coyote Hills in Fremont and the Colisseum in Oakland.) Also, I had to tell you - I think it's so funny that you read a post out loud to your boyfriend - I do that to my husband all the time! Also, I love that you loved the "sex ring midget gang", because, I swear, I actually was laughing while I wrote it. So we have that in common, in addition to being runners. Have a great weekend!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home