Tuesday, December 05, 2006

HELP!!!

Ok, here's my dilemma ...

My darling husband will never make enough money so that I won't have to work and will be able to stay home with the baby. That's just true, which means that I need to have a job.

But, I really don't want to have anybody else in charge of raising my child. I feel like there's a very specific reason I wanted to have a baby and just shipping the kid off to daycare so that I can go to work totally screws with my plans for having the baby.

I don't mind being poor, but being able to pay rent and bills would be nice.

So what I need is a way to make money from home. Doesn't have to be a lot of money, but it does have to be some money. I can type 70 wpm now, which means that with practice I could very easily be up to 90. I am an excellent editor. I have awesome artistic skills. I don't mind doing totally mindless tasks like stuffing envelopes. I just need a way to make some money.

My business teacher said that successful people think and talk about what they want.

So there it is. I need a way to make money from home. If you have any ideas, please please please share.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard that a stay at home moms have used to do from-home telemarketing/phone service type stuff, some of which is outsourced to India now I guess, but there might be some market in the US still.

and Darwin is too cute! Congratulations.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whups, forgot to sign it!

-alicia

10:40 PM  
Blogger Leenski said...

Margaret! Congrats! Your baby is so lovely and he really pulls off a onesie nicely. :)

Anyway. A friend of mine in Boston is feeling the same way you are and she's looking into becoming a home daycare provider--she's getting certified and will take three other babies/young toddlers besides her own. It looks like a pretty viable way to stay home, but make a little money and still get to spend loads of time with her wee one. Just a thought. Congratulations again!
XOXO
Lena

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home