Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I like this bandwagon!

Inspired by Lauren, I want to share my current food obsessions.

1. Nectarines. I actually always have this obsession, and they're not even really in season yet, but this year I have already been consuming them in massive quantities. By the time they're actually in season I might be sick of them.

2. Soysage. Oh my god, the most delicious meat replacer on the face of the fucking planet. No joke. I make myself a burrito with it every day for lunch.

3. Fire-Roasted Chipotle Salsa. Again, something that I've been obsessed with for several years now, but my obsession just isn't going away, so I feel I should share it.

4. Beans. Why did I never understand before just how delicious beans are? They're incredible, versatile, easy to cook, and oh-so tasty!

5. Maria and Ricardo's whole wheat tortillas. You know how whole wheat tortillas inevitably split and crack when you don't want them to? Well, not these. These are moist and they stick together like nobody's business. And they're awesomely tasty too, so no complaints on that front.

6. Heidi Swanson's spice loaf (which is called gingerbread here). This is, no doubt, the most insanely delicious dessert I've ever made. It's intensely sweet and sticky and gingery and is SOOOOO good covered in strawberries and whipped cream. Yum.

So many more, so many more. But that'll have to do for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger faye said...

Oh my god, I love veggie sausage so much. And I mean so much. Finally, someone gets me!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home