Friday, November 30, 2007

education

I have started, yet again, to think about education's role in my life. Over the last ten years or so I've made a whole bunch of attempts at furthering my education, none of which amounted to absolutely anything. Plain and simple, I've spent my life as a fucking slacker, especially when it related to homework.

But I've finally figured something out ... the concept of "I'll save it till tomorrow" just doesn't work in real life. Everything that's left undone today just piles up on top of all the shit you have to do tomorrow. What this means is that instead of life being reasonably easy to manage, it ends up being a giant shit-heap of all the work you "left till tomorrow" and never did.

It took me 28 years, but I have finally figured out that there is no such thing as a day off. Sucks, but it's the truth.

So now the question is ... would I actually be able to use that knowledge in my quest for higher education? I don't know, people, but I'd really like to find out.

I want to be learning. I want to be in school. And I really want to figure out a way that I can make it financially viable, fun, and (most of all) realistic.

I want to do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home