Thursday, April 15, 2004

So I decided recently that since I can now do a pretty serious 30 minutes on the elliptical without getting out of breath, that I should attempt running on a treadmill. I figure I haven't tried running in about two years, since right after I quit smoking and I just flat-out couldn't breathe. But hey, it's been two years and I've been really working hard to try and get myself to a place where doing things like this is possible. I know that to a lot of people this will sound silly, but to me it's a big deal, so here goes...

Today I ran .62 miles! In terms of breath, I could have gone for longer, but my freakin' shins were killing me after that long. Is that normal? Was I doing something wrong? What can I do to make this better?

And now I've got a new goal. I want to be able to run a mile. Sounds pathetic, but it's true. I haven't been able to run a mile since I started smoking (age 17) and now that I don't smoke anymore, I'd like to be able to do it. And after a mile, who knows? I could easily go on to bigger and better things...like two miles!

Other than that, eating's been ok. I think I'm actually under the number of calories I should be eating every day, but it's hard. These days it seems like there's very little food that I'm actually interested in. I keep racking my brain trying to think of things that I would want to eat but nothing appeals. So I guess that for now I'm going to stick with the things that I know appeal for me. Since I'm exercising more my appetite is increasing. I guess I'll just find new things to eat as that becomes necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home