Saturday, September 25, 2004

I've made a couple of changed on my blog. First off, I changed my little tagline thingy. See, when I started this it was really just a blog for helping me figure out all my weight stuff, but now I need it to turn into something else. I guess I realized this yesterday when I was looking at it and saw the fact that I had my weight sitting right there in the tagline. My initial thought was, "How inappropriate!" So I guess I've moved past the place where those numbers were so important to me. I still weigh myself on a regular basis, but I think it's more out of habit now. I am interested to see if anything is changing, but I don't REALLY care. I'm only 5 (or so) pounds off of what my initial goal weight was, so honestly, that's good enough for me. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not done in my fitness quest. It's just that the numbers don't matter so much anymore. Now I'm much more interested in learning how to run, getting better at lifting weights, continuing in my yoga practice, and feeling more strong than thin.

And I'm going to start using this for talking about other things as well, not just weight-loss. This may mean that some of you lose interest in reading. It may also mean that I'll get more visits from random strangers. Who knows ... All that matters to me right now is that I need a place to write down all sorts of random shit, and this should be the place that I do it.

So prepare yourselves to accompany me through the next year and a half of my life with school, my quest to become a runner, my struggles with my darling boyfriend, and my desire to learn as much about myself as I possibly can ... issues, strengths, shortcomings, talents, and all. I can't promise it'll be the most interesting thing ever, but it'll be me, straight up. I'm taking off my "public mask" and working hard on just being me.

I'm learning to love myself inside and out.

Smooches to all of y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Hooray! I'm so proud of you. Even such a seemingly minor change can do wonders... I'm totally digging the new tagline. And, as you well know, trying to accomodate similar changes into my own life. Yeah!

7:08 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

I am SOOOOOOOOO glad that I have you along with me on this journey. I honestly can't imagine doing it with anybody else and I feel honored that I get to share this experience with you.

Love you tons and tons and tons.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home