Sunday, November 14, 2004

I need a new plan, because what I'm doing now isn't working. I need some serious structure. I need to be held accountable, because I certainly don't seem to be able to do that for myself. So I think I'm going to start posting my exercise here every day. Which means that if I don't post, I didn't do anything. Makes me somewhat more accountable, right?

I've been thinking about going to the gym every morning and then going over to MIT for the general skate they have from 12-1. I feel like if I'm enjoying skating this much right now that I really should be doing it at every possible opportunity. And besides, even if I'm just skating around in a circle for an hour, I'm burning a couple extra hundred calories. So gym for running/weights/etc. and then skating for an hour. That means my exercise regime is going to start at 10-ish and not be over until 1. Honestly, sounds good.

And food. Aargh. What to do about food? Now that it's cold here and winter is really setting in, my body is craving the traditional winter foods. For the last couple of days all I've wanted to eat is stuffing and gravy and mashed potatoes. I've got to get that shit under control. I have to figure out a way to eat food that's good for me and that also makes me happy. Somehow those two things have never really meshed in my mind. I guess that's what I have to figure out how to do ... make good food also be happy food.

And, on another note, my gym membership is up in February and I think I'm going to join the MIT gym. It's got a gorgeous pool and tons of equipment and the skating rink. And A thinks that I might be able to play for the hockey team even if I'm just a member of the gym. Not possible for right now obviously, but I've got high hopes for next season.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah, I agree with Alicia -- especially because you've already figured out how to stop way before me! Once I actually get some free time again, I too want to try to make my way over to the MIT gym. It's really just so nice. I'm so happy you too have been struck by the skating/hockey bug!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home