Wednesday, November 03, 2004

What is this election bullshit all about? I go to bed last night and wake up to them saying this morning that maybe Bush is the president again, but Kerry ain't giving up so easily. Which, honestly, is pretty cool by me. As far as I can tell this election is actually close enough that they shouldn't be counting their chickens before they hatch. But still, it does kind of suck being someone on the outside. I just want to know whether or not I'm moving to Canada because we've got four more years with a fucking idiot in the white house. I just want to know.

Is this all just because of the election debacle of four years ago? Is this while we're all sitting around on the edge of our seats, waiting for the news?

So I tried to break up with my boyfriend yesterday. But it didn't really work. We started discussing the logistics of the situation and then the entire breakup that I had planned would go so smoothly ... right down the toilet. Why is is that life never follows my oh-so-carefully planned script? Why can't people just say what they're supposed to say when they're supposed to say it? Why they gotta have free will and all that shit? Aargh.

Anyway, if you're wondering what's happening with J, we mostly left it unfinished. We decided that he's going to go spend a week out in the woods so that we can get a chance to think about everything while we're away from each other, instead of being in such close proximity to each other. More than anything else, I don't want to lose his friendship. I think when I was trying to explain that to him last night it just came out as bitchy, but it's true. I like him immensely, I just don't really like him with me. Or me with him, for that matter. So maybe some time apart from each other will help us to realize whatever it is we need to realize and then make some concrete decisions.

Aah, who knows?

2 Comments:

Blogger faye said...

Margaret...
No time, so I'll post more later...Just wanted to let you know that you can ride with me to Canada where we can start out new lives--while Bush ruins our relationship with all other countries and cultures, destroys the environment, and gives all of the money for education to religious schools.
love Faye

12:53 AM  
Blogger margaret said...

Thank you, Faye! I swear, you wouldn't believe the number of conversations I heard yesterday about where people were planning on moving now that he's president again. It was amazing ... Canada, France, anywhere in Southern America, etc. Basically, anything to get the hell out of here.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home