Friday, January 28, 2005

The Big Two-Six

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, I wish this day was already over, and I could just go back to bed.

Yes folks, that's right. It's my birthday. I am now officially 26 years old, which doesn't honestly mean much of anything to me. Maybe it's because I don't drink, which is the normal 20-something way to celebrate, but birthdays just mean less and less to me as the years go on. The last couple birthdays were so terrible that I've pretty much decided not to celebrate at all anymore. So tonight, when I come home after taking my 3 finals today (yeah, great present), I think that I'm just going to veg out in front of the TV. That's all I really want to do anyway, and since it's my birthday I should get to do what I want, right?

On another subject. I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow to spend a week with my parents. Should be good. The thing that I'm really excited about is that I'm going to get a week-long membership to their gym, which is ULTRA fancy. It's a ways away from their house but what that means is that whenever I feel like I need to escape I can just grab my mom's car and head to the gym. And while I absolutely adore my parents and can't wait to spend time with them, I can guarantee that I'm going to be needing to escape on a pretty regular basis. So hopefully this will send me back to where I need to be. It only takes a couple of days before I find myself with a routine, so that's what I'm hoping will happen. And, hopefully, when I get back I will retain that routine.

Also, my mom and I are going to go to yoga together, which will be wonderful.

So yeah, just wanted to let you guys know that I won't be updating for about a week. But this time, unlike normally, it's a good thing. I'm off to the wild West to find my inspiration again.

Lots of love.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Happy happy birthday!!!

I wish you were coming out west, just a little lower. :) Have fun with family time (in the way that family time *can* be fun) and be inspired. Then come home. And write often.

xoxo
Mia

10:10 AM  
Blogger faye said...

Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!

Marget,
Having fun getting renewed out-west!!! Enjoy the ultra-fancy gym, AND have a great time. That is so cool that you and your mom do yoga together. I might pass out if I caught my own mother doing yoga...however, my jewish fiance has just told me that when he was having beers with his Episcopal Priest friend yesterday, they decided that they will do yoga together. Huh.

Anyways, think of us when you are in Seattle!

Love,
Faye

Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'm so so glad I got to spend a good part of your birthday with you. Despite the fact that finals suck our collective asses, they really weren't TOO bad. Plus, we got to go ice-skating, and that's always a good thing.

AND let's not forget it's such a cool day because not only is it your birthday, it's the only day we're the same age. And that's kinda nifty. :)

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home