Thursday, December 23, 2004

I suppose I owe you guys some sort of update, huh?

Well, I don't have much to tell. I've been lazing around, but not too badly. I'm remaining active with lots of walking and general running around like a maniac preparing for Christmas. It's actually been nice. And I haven't been eating badly either, not great but totally not too bad.

Speaking of which, I had this amazing realization yesterday. I saw some commercial on TV which has a couple of kids in it making themselves these enormous ice cream sundaes. My initial reaction to it was, "Oh god, that looks gross." Who knew? I've always been a huge fan of the ice cream sundae! But I guess that now what I would have liked was one that was about as big as a cup measure ... including all ice cream and toppings. I just can't eat as much junky food as I used to be able to.

And, I've decided to give myself a break. Look, if I sit around and feel like crap about the fact that I'm being really lazy with my working out then I'm going to be less likely to go back and do it. Somehow it's just true for me that when I am being self-depricating, it shows up in my becoming more and more lazy. So for right now I'm just going to let this go. So what if I don't want to go to the gym in the morning? Honestly, whose life is it really affecting? I know that I'll get back into this. And I'm not just saying that. I can feel the pressure building up inside of me to which exercise is the only true release. So when the time comes and I need to work out, I'll go and do it. And I also know that once I start again, I'll be at it for a good long while before I need to take another break like this. So what's the big deal, really? I'm just going to give myself a break.

I do still want to do the 5k in March though, which will take some preparation. So I've got to get back to being good sooner rather than later.

Tomorrow, Christmas Eve, is my favorite day of the year. So merry Christmas to all. Much love.

2 Comments:

Blogger margaret said...

This is the one I'm planning on doing, Chris. Totally local (starts in Davis Square ... you wanna talk local?). And it looks little and fun, so I thought it'd be the one I shoot for.

http://baevents.com/rasnaheireann/frontpage.html

12:20 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

Oh, Chris, that would be awesome! I am feeling pretty psyched about it, and also feeling relatively terrified. At this point I am totally unprepared to run a whole 5k, but I'm going to make myself be ready in time. I can totally do it, as long as I stick with a plan to prepare.

Do I run fast? Are you kidding? Truth be told, I'd love to have you run with me as long as you don't mind how righteously slowly I will be running. That'd be awesome.

And just so you know, someday in the far-off future, I plan to join you for one of those trail runs you do. That's my goal.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home