Monday, October 25, 2004

Today is going to be my first day back to the gym after a week and a half just sitting around my house being ill. I kept on telling myself I was going to go and then when it came right down to it, I was still too sick. What a serious hassle. But yesterday I actually left my house for four whole hours and wandered around Harvard Sq. So if I can do that, I can go to the damn gym. I am totally nervous about running though. I mean, my breathing is still so stuffed up and unpleasant that running is going to be a serious chore. I think today I'll go back to week one and just take it easy. But for god's sake, I have got to do something active. I'm going crazy!

Things with J are just on their usual rollercoaster ride. For game seven of the ALCS we just sat at home and watched it together and it was awesome. I don't think we've been that comfortable with each other in a long time. And I know we haven't laughed like that in months. But then, as always seems to happen, we can't have a high without having a new lowest low. I'm so tired of this shit. I'm so tired of walking around all the time worrying about what's going on in my relationship. It's freakin' exhausting!

And, on another front, I've already started thinking about Christmas. Oooh, I love it. In the Spanish class that I was taking last year, they had us ask each other, "Cual es tu dia favorita?" (Which means what's your favorite day). Everybody else in the class said their birthdays or anniversaries or what have you. I didn't even have to think about it. Mine was December 24th. I love the anticipation of Christmas Eve, the listening to Christmas music, drinking hot cider, and decorating the tree. I love knowing that the next morning everyone is going to open all the wonderful presents from you. I really don't care about the presents that I get, to me that's totally inconsequential. But giving someone a really good present, that's the best feeling in the world. Oooooh, I just can't wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger faye said...

oh my gosh, I just read this. My soul-mate! Yes! Christmas kicks ass!

And, now a moment of silence for all of our favorite Christmas movies...

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home