Monday, February 28, 2005

Day 1

Oh Jesus. Doing this detox for two weeks is going to suck ass. At about 10am this morning I started craving a grilled cheese sandwich. Because I normally eat them for breakfast? No ... just because I couldn't have one. Don't get me wrong, I haven't changed my mind. I'm still a big fan of the idea of it, but in reality it's a bit more difficult to handle.

Breakfast: organic cream of wheat (may be cheating, but it is made from whole grains) with raisins for sweetness.

Lunch: homemade tomato and vegetable broth with beans in it (hard for me because normally soup is just a vehicle for bread), taboulli, small amount of a salad.

Dinner: quinoa pilaf, mustard and miso glazed salmon.

Dessert: small bowl of Kashi with rice milk and raspberries.

So, as you can see, all in all it ain't so bad. I managed to have some carbs with every meal, but none of them were refined. And I have to say that the dessert of Kashi with rice milk was absolutely spectacular. Yummy the way that a giant chocolate bar with caramel and nuts normally is ... to the max.

Now I just have to figure out how to deal with the near-vomit-inducing herbs we're taking 6 times per day. Then I'll have this completely under control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home